General Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in submitting to Loconeal Publishing. Loconeal is currently accepting submissions for the following categories. Submissions must be made in electronic format.
- Fiction – Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alternate History, Mystery, Suspense, Adventure, Teen or Young Adult, etc…
- Anthologies, Collections
- Young Adult
*Please note that Loconeal does not publish erotica or explicit adult material.
Electronic Submissions should contain the following:
- Email subject line – The word “Query”, and the title of your work or subject.
- Query letters – (Placed within the body of the email) should include: title; word count; target audience; as well as the author’s full contact information.
- Synopsis – Your synopsis should be complete and concise without leaving any questions or unanswered plot points (As an attachment).
- First five (5) chapters (As an attachment).
Manuscript Format submission:
- MS Word file type preferred
- Times New Roman 12pt font
- 1-inch margin all around
- Underline any italicized words (sometimes italicized formatting can be lost in transfer and this tells us it was supposed to be italicized)
- Paragraph indentation: Make sure that your paragraph indents are part of the formatting and not created by using the ‘Tab’ button.
Email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts: If we like your synopsis and sample chapters and feel that it would be a good fit for our current publishing year, we will request your entire manuscript. Manuscripts in the novel/novella length range of 50,000 – 100,000 words are preferred depending upon your audience age range. Please make sure that your manuscript has been proofread and edited.
Simultaneous Submissions: Simultaneous submissions are permitted. Please inform us if it is a simultaneous submission. Notify us if your manuscript sells with any other publisher, in any format (trade paperback, hardback, electronic, etc.).
Responses: We do try to respond to queries as quickly as possible, but at this time we can offer no guarantees on turnaround. Due to the number of submissions that we receive, we may not always be able to reply personally if a manuscript was not selected. Understand that there are many factors that go into choosing a manuscript. A manuscript that was not chosen this year does not necessarily preclude it from being accepted in the next.